Fleece to Finish Fiber Club
The Ultimate Breed Study
This is the fiber club for spinners passionate about learning about different sheep breeds.
- Do you wish you knew more about all of the sheep breeds available at wool festivals and fleece fairs?
- Do you wish you knew how to wash prepare and spin different breeds to their best advantage?
- Do you wish you could buy just enough wool to practice without committing to a whole fleece?
- Do you wish you had someone to answer your questions as you work with your new fibers?
Fleece to Finish Fiber Club will grant all of your breed spinning wishes.
Each month you will get two different 4-ounce samples of raw, undyed fleece. The monthly club mailing also includes detailed instructions for washing and working with the fleece as well as a bottle of Unicorn Power Scour to get you through the year.
Every month you will learn background on each particular fleece and the sheep breed they are from. Your mailing will be filled with great hints and tips to prepare and spin the best yarns from these samples.
Monthly and ongoing discussions will take place in the Spinning Loft Group on Ravelry.com where Beth, as well as all club members, can post photos, talk about their experience and ask questions about the wools in the club.
The fleeces in the Fiber To Finish Club have been chosen carefully. They reflect the breed that they come from and include characteristics that handspinners look for in a fleece such as lock length, crimp and fiber color. Many fleeces will be white but there will be a number in different natural colors.
By joining this club for 12 months you will be exposed to 24 different breeds of sheep, in 5 categories, as well as new information and skills to enhance all of your spinning. The generous 4-ounce samples ensure plenty of fiber for sampling as well as opportunity for putting the yarn together into a project.
Our list of sheep breeds may include:
Due to limited availability of some fleeces, and the in-depth and intimate learning experience of the Fleece to Fiber Club, membership will be limited to 40 people. I am not able to offer a payment plan at this time.
The 12-month club membership includes:
• Preprinted breed cards for yarn samples and protective sleeves
• 16 ounce bottle of Unicorn Power Scour
• Detailed breed and fleece descriptions and information for 24 sheep breeds
• Monthly online chat with Beth and other club members
“So, Beth Smith is offering you this wonderful experience. She’s passionate and knowledgeable and collects good fiber. What are you waiting for?”
Recommended Tools and Reference include:
Fleece and Fiber Sourcebook
A spinning wheel is not required. All work can be done with a spindle.
The first shipment will be heading out in mid April 2013 with the final shipment to be mid March 2014.